Facebook chief Mark Zuckerberg says President Trump's 'when the looting starts, the shooting starts' remark has no history of being read as 'dog whistle' in leaked call with employees
In this file photo, Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg speaks at Georgetown University in Washington, DC on October 17, 2019.
Social media platforms have faced calls to moderate the president's comments, most recently because of the unrest gripping America in the wake of an unarmed black man's death during arrest as a white policeman knelt on his neck. Zuckerberg told employees in a video conference on Tuesday he talked to Trump on the phone after the decision, and that he "used that opportunity to make him know I felt this post was inflammatory and harmful, and let him know where we stood on it",The CEO was referring to a post by the president that said "when the looting starts, the shooting starts" – the same comment on Twitter was still visible but behind a warning label.
Zuckerberg had not kept his word about stopping posts that glorify violence, said Timothy Aveni, a software engineer who resigned from the company.
France Dernières Nouvelles, France Actualités
Similar News:Vous pouvez également lire des articles d'actualité similaires à celui-ci que nous avons collectés auprès d'autres sources d'information.
Facebook workers revolt against Zuckerberg as Trump posts continue to go unchallengedZuckerberg has consistently held that Facebook will not flag any of Trump’s entries, and he doubled-down on that edict after the executive order was issued
Lire la suite »
Mark Zuckerberg defends decision on Trump posts to Facebook employeesWith Facebook employees publicly protesting the company's decision to let inflammatory posts by President Trump stand, Mark Zuckerberg hosted a companywide video call to address their concerns, but yielded little ground.
Lire la suite »
After Facebook staff walkout, Zuckerberg defends no action on Trump postsFacebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg told employees on Tuesday that he stood by his decision not to challenge inflammatory posts by U.S. President Donald Trump, refusing to give ground a day after staff members staged a rare public protest.
Lire la suite »
Zuckerberg Defends ‘Do Nothing’ Approach On Trump, Admits Inaction Hurt FacebookI am a breaking news reporter for Forbes in London, covering Europe and the U.S. Previously I was a news reporter for HuffPost UK, the Press Association and a night reporter at the Guardian. I studied Social Anthropology at the London School of Economics, where I was a writer and editor for one of the university’s global affairs magazines, the London Globalist. That led me to Goldsmiths, University of London, where I completed my M.A. in Journalism. Got a story? Get in touch at isabel.togohforbes.com, or follow me on Twitter bissieness. I look forward to hearing from you.
Lire la suite »
After Facebook staff walkout, Zuckerberg defends no action on Trump postsFacebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg told employees on Tuesday that he stood by his decision not to challenge inflammatory posts by U.S. President Donald Trump, refusing to give ground a day after staff members staged a rare public protest. Zuckerberg told employees on a video chat that Facebook had conducted
Lire la suite »
Zuckerberg Defends ‘Do Nothing’ Approach On Trump, Admits Inaction Hurt FacebookI am a breaking news reporter for Forbes in London, covering Europe and the U.S. Previously I was a news reporter for HuffPost UK, the Press Association and a night reporter at the Guardian. I studied Social Anthropology at the London School of Economics, where I was a writer and editor for one of the university’s global affairs magazines, the London Globalist. That led me to Goldsmiths, University of London, where I completed my M.A. in Journalism. Got a story? Get in touch at isabel.togohforbes.com, or follow me on Twitter bissieness. I look forward to hearing from you.
Lire la suite »