'The U.S. will not pay for their security protection. They must pay!' Trump tweeted Sunday.
, President Donald Trump said in a tweet the United States would not pay for the royal couple's security.
"I am a great friend and admirer of the Queen & the United Kingdom," Trump tweeted Sunday. "It was reported that Harry and Meghan, who left the Kingdom, would reside permanently in Canada. Now they have left Canada for the U.S. however, the U.S. will not pay for their security protection. They must pay!"
While tabloids have speculated Harry and Meghan are moving to Los Angeles as the date of their official step back as senior royals looms, the royal family has not yet confirmed. The couple and baby Archie have been living on Vancouver Island, British Columbia, at a borrowed luxury estate since Thanksgiving.
USA TODAY reached out to the State Department about the royals’ possible move earlier this month and they declined to comment. While the Royal Canadian Mounted Police have been working with London's Metropolitan police to provide security for the three royals abroad, that protection was on an"as-needed basis" and is scheduled to end March 31, when their status as working members of the royal family ends and their new life as financially independent royals living in North America officially begins.
France Dernières Nouvelles, France Actualités
Similar News:Vous pouvez également lire des articles d'actualité similaires à celui-ci que nous avons collectés auprès d'autres sources d'information.
President Trump Says Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Must Pay for Own SecurityAfter moving to the U.S. and leaving the royal family behind, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle must now pay for their own security team, according to President Trump. Before recently relocating to th…
Lire la suite »
Trump Says U.S. Will Not Pay for Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's SecurityResponding to reports that the couple has moved to California, Trump tweeted on Sunday: 'They have left Canada for the U.S. however, the U.S. will not pay for their security protection. They must pay!'
Lire la suite »
President Donald Trump To Prince Harry And Meghan Markle: “They Will Have To Pay” For SecurityWelcome to Southern California, Harry and Meghan. Now find and fund your own security team. President Donald Trump tweeted out today that the couple, who reportedly are staying in a gated Malibu co…
Lire la suite »
Here's How Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Are Spending Their First Days in LAPrince Harry and Meghan Markle have reportedly moved to LA, where they're practicing self-isolation with their son, Archie Harrison.
Lire la suite »
Meghan Markle And Prince Harry Have Officially Moved To L.A.Welcome to California, Sussexes!
Lire la suite »