BREAKING: President Trump orders halt of US funding to the World Health Organization.
President Donald Trump on Tuesday announced he is halting funding for the World Health Organization after the organization criticized his early response to theTrump accused the WHO of"severely mismanaging and covering up" the coronavirus crisis, specifically the initial outbreak in Wuhan, China. Trump previously threatened to cut off funding after the organization criticized his travel restrictions on China.
"It could have been contained at its source," Trump said, adding that that WHO"pushed China's misinformation about the virus...and there was no need for travel bans." Trump said the U.S."has a duty to insist on full accountability" and that the WHO"failed to investigate" credible reports of the first reports of the virus.$57.8 million earlier this year.
France Dernières Nouvelles, France Actualités
Similar News:Vous pouvez également lire des articles d'actualité similaires à celui-ci que nous avons collectés auprès d'autres sources d'information.
Trump calls for halt to US funding for World Health Organization amid coronavirus outbreak
Lire la suite »
Trump announces 'halt' in US funding to World Health Organization amid coronavirus pandemicTrump has accused the World Health Organization of not moving quickly to sound the alarm over coronavirus and of being too China friendly.
Lire la suite »
Trump attacks World Health Organization for coronavirus response“It’s a campaign to avoid any personal responsibility for the slow actions of the federal government in responding to the coronavirus,' PhilipRucker says about President Trump’s remarks regarding the World Health Organization.
Lire la suite »
Trump Funding Threat Against World Health Organization Linked to Hiring PracticesPresident Trump’s threat to withhold money from the World Health Organization stems from an ongoing discussion to link aid to the number of American citizens hired by the groups, officials said.
Lire la suite »
'Unknown' whether coronavirus patients can become reinfected, World Health Organization doctor says'Right now, we don't have a full picture of what immunity looks like. Until we do, we can't give a complete answer,' Dr. Maria Van Kekhove, WHO's leading COVID-19 scientist, said.
Lire la suite »
Trump inches toward open war with his health departmentHours after Dr. Fauci appeared on CNN's “State of the Union” yesterday, President Trump took to his Twitter to amplify an attack on the nation’s top infectious disease scientist
Lire la suite »