Son Shares Horrifying Testimony in Trial of South LA Mother Accused in 4-Year-Old's Death

France Nouvelles Nouvelles

Son Shares Horrifying Testimony in Trial of South LA Mother Accused in 4-Year-Old's Death
France Dernières Nouvelles,France Actualités
  • 📰 NBCLA
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 50 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 23%
  • Publisher: 59%

A woman pleaded not guilty Wednesday to murder and other charges stemming from her 4-year-old daughter’s death following an alleged assault in the family’s South Los Angeles home nearly two years ago.

In a May 3 court hearing, the girl's 18-year-old brother testified that his mother kept"slapping and slapping'' Eternity that day, and that he also saw his mother choking his sister and"kicking her while she was on the floor.''

He acknowledged that he would sometimes play-fight with the girl, and that she had fallen at one point from a bunk bed probably about a month earlier. "It just seemed very calm in the house,'' Holguin told the judge, noting that it was unusual under the circumstances. Officer Elizabeth Armendariz of the Los Angeles Police Department, who was summoned to the hospital, testified that she observed the girl with multiple contusions to her face and"visible vomit in her hair and coming out of her mouth'' after she had already been pronounced dead.

Smith began to cry after being approached at the hospital and indicated that she thought people were trying to blame her for the girl's death, the officer said under cross-examination by Smith's attorney. Smith told the investigator that her children alerted her that the girl had collapsed or fallen, and that her middle son was known to play rough with the girl, according to the investigator.

Nous avons résumé cette actualité afin que vous puissiez la lire rapidement. Si l'actualité vous intéresse, vous pouvez lire le texte intégral ici. Lire la suite:

NBCLA /  🏆 319. in US

France Dernières Nouvelles, France Actualités

Similar News:Vous pouvez également lire des articles d'actualité similaires à celui-ci que nous avons collectés auprès d'autres sources d'information.

Woman charged with posing as a dental hygienist for years in the South BayWoman charged with posing as a dental hygienist for years in the South BaySanta Clara County prosecutors on Tuesday announced the arrest of a 50-year-old woman suspected of illegally posing as dental hygienist for years in the South Bay.
Lire la suite »

Woman Pleads Not Guilty in Pair of South Bay Road Rage IncidentsWoman Pleads Not Guilty in Pair of South Bay Road Rage IncidentsA woman who allegedly took part in a pair of South Bay road rage incidents, including one in which her boyfriend allegedly shot a man at a Chula Vista intersection, pleaded not guilty Monday to charges that include attempted murder.
Lire la suite »

Likely end of San Jose cruising ban gives South Bay lowriders a liftLikely end of San Jose cruising ban gives South Bay lowriders a liftA push to repeal San Jose's 30-year-old ban on cruising has cleared a major legislative hurdle.
Lire la suite »

Remains of teenager who went missing 13 years ago found in South CarolinaRemains of teenager who went missing 13 years ago found in South CarolinaThe remains of a 17-year-old teenage girl have been found in Georgetown, South Carolina, after she went missing more than a decade ago while visiting Myrtle Beach.
Lire la suite »

Man accused of sexually abusing 2 young girls in South El Monte; more victims being soughtMan accused of sexually abusing 2 young girls in South El Monte; more victims being soughtA 69-year-old who's been accused of sexually abusing two young girls in South El Monte is now in jail, but detectives believe there may be additional unidentified victims.
Lire la suite »



Render Time: 2025-04-06 04:05:54