Shanghai says it has released 6,000 more people from medical observation facilities, though the lockdown of most of China’s largest city was being maintained in its third week.
In this photo released by China's Xinhua News Agency, a volunteer uses a megaphone to talk to residents at an apartment building in Shanghai, China, Tuesday, April 12, 2022. Shanghai has released more than 6,000 more people from medical observation amid a COVID-19 outbreak, the government said Wednesday, but moves to further ease the lockdown on China's largest city appeared to have stalled.
BEIJING -- Shanghai released 6,000 more people from the central facilities where they were under medical observation to guard against the coronavirus, the government said Wednesday, though the lockdown of most of China's largest city was continuing in its third week. About 6.6 million people in the city of 25 million were allowed to leave their homes Tuesday, but some were restricted to their own neighborhoods. Some housing compounds also appeared to still be keeping residents locked inside, and no further lifting of restrictions was apparent Wednesday.
Officials warn that Shanghai still doesn’t have its latest surge in cases of the omicron variant under control, despite its “zero-tolerance” approach that has seen some residents confined to their homes for three weeks or longer. China also requires anyone who tests positive or is a close contact of such a person to spend at least a week in centralized observation centers in pre-fabricated buildings or gymnasiums and exhibition halls to limit the spread of the virus.
France Dernières Nouvelles, France Actualités
Similar News:Vous pouvez également lire des articles d'actualité similaires à celui-ci que nous avons collectés auprès d'autres sources d'information.
Shanghai warns residents who violate COVID lockdown will face punishment: reportShanghai authorities reportedly warned Wednesday that anyone who violates COVID-19 lockdown rules will face punishment.
Lire la suite »
Schools placed on lockdown amid search for suspect in Brookfield stabbingThe stabbing happened on the street Monday afternoon the 4000 block of Madison Avenue in Brookfield. The suspect fled the scene.
Lire la suite »
Shanghai Factory Closures Mount as Covid-19 Lockdowns Hit Supply ChainsManufacturers are having more trouble getting parts delivered because China’s restrictions on movement are making it difficult for trucks to enter the region, analysts said.
Lire la suite »
US orders consular to leave Shanghai amid COVID outbreakBEIJING (AP) — The U.S. has ordered its consular staff to leave Shanghai, which is under a lockdown to contain a COVID-19 surge. The State Department said the order is an upgrade from the “authorized” departure issued last week that made the decision voluntary.
Lire la suite »
US State Department orders departure of non-emergency personnel from Shanghai consulate amid Covid-19 restrictionsThe US State Department on Monday ordered the departure of non-emergency US government employees and family members from its Shanghai consulate due to China's strict Covid-19 mitigation measures.
Lire la suite »