More lawsuits targeting Jeffrey Epstein's estate are expected to be filed in the coming weeks and months, lawyers representing sex abuse victims tell a New York judge.
Several women had already filed civil suits by the time of his death. At least a half dozen alleged victims have sued Epstein’s estate in the subsequent weeks and months.
At the hearing Thursday, Epstein’s estate attorney Bennet Moskowitz said he was still trying to gain a complete picture of Epstein’s finances. The estate, he said, is “perhaps the most complex estate I’m aware of.”The plaintiffs' lawyers expressed frustration with Moskowitz, saying they still didn't have basic details about the estate, such as how much it's worth and who is it's beneficiary.
"It is now long past time for our client and other survivors to finally obtain some measure of justice," Kaplan, who represents a woman allegedly abused by Epstein when she was 14, said in a statement. "Our client’s claims are not complicated and therefore can and should be tried as soon as possible if a settlement cannot be reached in short order," Kaplan added.in connection with his suicide.
Michael Thomas and Tova Noel, who were on duty the night before Epstein was found dead, were charged with six counts tied to falsifying prison records.Sarah Fitzpatrick is an investigative producer for NBC News. She previously worked for 60 Minutes and CBS News.
France Dernières Nouvelles, France Actualités
Similar News:Vous pouvez également lire des articles d'actualité similaires à celui-ci que nous avons collectés auprès d'autres sources d'information.
Jeffrey Epstein's estate sued by woman alleging he kept her dependent on him and repeatedly raped herTeala Davies joined the growing group of women who have filed suit against Jeffrey Epstein's estate on Thursday, accusing him of 'repeatedly' sexually abusing her when she was 17.
Lire la suite »
McDonald's employees in Chicago sue over workplace violenceMcDonald's Corp employees on Thursday sued the fast food giant and several ...
Lire la suite »
Prince Andrew Is Stepping Away From His Royal DutiesPrince Andrew is stepping away from his royal duties only days after his controversial interview on the BBC.
Lire la suite »
Queen Elizabeth Is Reportedly Having a 'Rough Time' After Jeffrey Epstein InterviewThe queen might be rethinking Prince Andrew's recent interview about Jeffrey Epstein.
Lire la suite »
Prince Andrew Steps Back from Public Duties Amid Epstein Scandal'I continue to unequivocally regret my ill-judged association with Jeffrey Epstein'
Lire la suite »
Roman Polanski’s New Accuser Reached Out to L.A. Prosecutors in Early 2017Valentine Monnier, the former actor who recently went public with her accusation that Roman Polanski raped her 44 years ago, sent an anonymous letter to L.A. prosecutors in early 2017 detailing tho…
Lire la suite »