“These are astounding numbers for such a short period of time,” said a political science professor.
race for San Jose’s next mayorSan Jose rookie councilmember Matt Mahan, a former tech entrepreneur, announced Tuesday that he had already amassed a staggering $504,000 from nearly 1,000 donors, including a personal contribution of about $10,000, during the first 23 days of the city’s fundraising period, making him the early fundraising frontrunner.
Councilmember Dev Davis, who will have to fend off Mahan for support from the city’s business factions, declined through her campaign adviser on Tuesday to disclose her initial fundraising total, saying that her team was still finalizing the figure. The only other San Jose mayoral candidate in recent years to raise as much money as Mahan this early in a race was Mayor Sam Liccardo, who raked in $513,000 during the first reporting period of his 2014 campaign. State Sen. Dave Cortese, who came in second to Liccardo in 2014, raised $175,000 comparatively, according to city records.
Candidate campaign finance reports for December are not yet available on the city’s Campaign Reports website, so it remains to be seen exactly where and from whom each candidate is receiving their support and donations. Still, the preliminary accounts given by the campaigns of the top mayoral candidates signal a competitive race ahead — with a lot of money available to be spent on mailers, signs, consultants and staff.
France Dernières Nouvelles, France Actualités
Similar News:Vous pouvez également lire des articles d'actualité similaires à celui-ci que nous avons collectés auprès d'autres sources d'information.
24-year-old man dies in San Francisco on New Year's EveA 24-year-old man died on New Year's Eve in San Francisco – the final homicide of 2021, police said.
Lire la suite »
How omicron continues to unfold in highly vaccinated San Francisco'For this number of cases, I would expect to see far higher hospitalizations.'
Lire la suite »
Delivery Man Chokes San Francisco Store Clerk Over Face Mask RequestA California man has pleaded no contest to felony assault after prosecutors said he choked a liquor store employee who asked him to mask up properly, officials said.
Lire la suite »
FBI joins search for 3-year-old who went missing in San Antonio last monthThe FBI's underwater search and evidence response team has joined the search for 3-year-old Lina Sadar Khil, who went missing last month from a San Antonio playground in her family's apartment complex, city police said.
Lire la suite »
Philippine Billionaire Ramon Ang’s San Miguel To Switch On Solar-Powered Battery Storage This YearSan Miguel Corp. will switch on solar-powered battery storage facilities across the Philippines this year as one of the country’s oldest conglomerates ramps up investments in renewable energy.
Lire la suite »