Man exonerated in Malcolm X's murder sues NYC for $40 million

France Nouvelles Nouvelles

Man exonerated in Malcolm X's murder sues NYC for $40 million
France Dernières Nouvelles,France Actualités
  • 📰 fox5ny
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 45 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 21%
  • Publisher: 51%

Muhammad Aziz, who was exonerated last year in the 1965 assassination of Malcolm X, has filed a $40 million lawsuit against New York City for the two decades he spent in prison for a notorious crime he did not commit.

Muhammad Aziz stands outside of a New York City courthouse with members of his family and lawyers after his conviction in the killing of Malcolm X was thrown out on November 18, 2021 in New York City.

Malcolm X was shot to death Feb. 21, 1965 at the Audubon Ballroom in upper Manhattan. Aziz and Islam, then known as Norman 3X Butler and Thomas 15X Johnson, and a third man were convicted of murder in March 1966 and sentenced to life in prison. A Manhattan judge dismissed the convictions of Aziz and Islam in November 2021 after prosecutors said new evidence of witness intimidation and suppression of exculpatory evidence had undermined the case against them. Then-District Attorney Cyrus Vance Jr. apologized for law enforcement’s "serious, unacceptable violations of law and the public trust."

They said Aziz "spent 20 years in prison for a crime he did not commit and more than 55 years living with the hardship and indignity attendant to being unjustly branded as a convicted murderer of one of the most important civil rights leaders in history."

Nous avons résumé cette actualité afin que vous puissiez la lire rapidement. Si l'actualité vous intéresse, vous pouvez lire le texte intégral ici. Lire la suite:

fox5ny /  🏆 587. in US

France Dernières Nouvelles, France Actualités

Similar News:Vous pouvez également lire des articles d'actualité similaires à celui-ci que nous avons collectés auprès d'autres sources d'information.

Man exonerated for Malcolm X assassination sues City of New York for $40 millionMan exonerated for Malcolm X assassination sues City of New York for $40 millionA man recently exonerated of his wrongful conviction for the assassination of civil rights icon Malcolm X has filed a $40 million lawsuit against the City of New York
Lire la suite »

Man exonerated in Malcolm X killing sues NYC for $40 millionMan exonerated in Malcolm X killing sues NYC for $40 millionA man who was exonerated last year in the 1965 assassination of Malcolm X has filed a $40 million lawsuit against New York City for the two decades he spent in prison for a notorious crime he did not commit
Lire la suite »

Jigar Shah Has $40 Billion To Lend Green Energy Projects Via US DOEJigar Shah Has $40 Billion To Lend Green Energy Projects Via US DOEShah asserts that large investment in proven transmission and storage is a risky strategy, but unproven SMRs aren't risky. He might be right in the USA.
Lire la suite »

Man exonerated in Malcolm X killing sues NYC for $40 millionMan exonerated in Malcolm X killing sues NYC for $40 millionA man who was exonerated last year in the 1965 assassination of Malcolm X has filed a $40 million lawsuit against New York City for the two decades he spent in prison for a notorious crime he did not commit
Lire la suite »



Render Time: 2025-04-03 10:59:38