The Kurdish-led Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) said on Sunday they had withdrawn...
BEIRUT/ANKARA - The Kurdish-led Syrian Democratic Forces said on Sunday they had withdrawn from the border town of Ras al Ain under a U.S.-brokered ceasefire deal, but a spokesman for Turkish-backed Syrian rebels said the withdrawal was not yet complete.
“We don’t have any more fighters in the city,” SDF spokesman Kino Gabriel said, referring to Ras al Ain. His comments came after Ankara said dozens of vehicles had entered and left Ras al Ain, which is largely surrounded by Turkish forces and their Syrian rebel allies, over the weekend. The U.S. pullout has also created a vacuum that Russia, Syrian President Bashar al-Assad’s most powerful backer, has looked to fill. Syrian and Russian forces, invited by Kurdish authorities, last week entered two border cities of Manbij and Kobani that had been vacated by U.S. troops.
It said Turkish forces had responded to the attack and said the YPG had committed 22 violations of the deal since it begun.
France Dernières Nouvelles, France Actualités
Similar News:Vous pouvez également lire des articles d'actualité similaires à celui-ci que nous avons collectés auprès d'autres sources d'information.
Kurdish forces say Turkey violating cease-fire in NE SyriaSyrian Kurdish forces say Turkey is failing to abide by terms of a U.S.-brokered cease-fire, refusing to lift a siege it imposed on a key border town in northeastern Syria 30 hours after the truce went into effect.
Lire la suite »
Trump administration betrayed Kurdish allies in Syria: Sen. Bob MenendezMORE: Sen. Menendez says withdrawing troops from Syria is a “betrayal to our foreign policy to the Russians who are the big winner of this... all roads lead to Russia with the president.”
Lire la suite »
Politician's brutal killing in Syria sparks questions of war crimesThere are various people who could be held accountable for a war crime – the individuals who committed the actions, their commanders and up through the ranks depending on who's deemed responsible.
Lire la suite »
Pentagon sees few options for preventing new ISIS safe haven in Syria
Lire la suite »
McConnell rebukes Trump administration: Syria withdrawal is a 'grave strategic mistake'The Senate majority leader never mentions President Donald Trump by name in his op-ed for the Washington Post.
Lire la suite »