Judge gives initial OK to $1B deal in Florida condo collapse

France Nouvelles Nouvelles

Judge gives initial OK to $1B deal in Florida condo collapse
France Dernières Nouvelles,France Actualités
  • 📰 AP
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 29 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 15%
  • Publisher: 51%

A judge has given initial approval to a more than $1 billion settlement to families of the 98 people killed in last year's collapse of a Florida beachfront condominium building. The settlement means potentially years of court battles will be avoided.

to families who lost loved ones in the collapse last year of a Florida beachfront condominium building in which 98 people died.

“It is a great result,” Hanzman said before giving preliminary approval to the agreement, which was announced Friday. “This was a very contested deal.” Attorney Michael Goldberg, the court-appointed receiver handling in the case for the judge, said notice will go out to all the family members of those who died, will be posted on the Champlain Towers SouthThe total for the families who lost loved ones in the collapse is about $1.02 billion. Separately, people whose condos were destroyed and lost property such as furnishings and mementos will share about $96 million.

Nous avons résumé cette actualité afin que vous puissiez la lire rapidement. Si l'actualité vous intéresse, vous pouvez lire le texte intégral ici. Lire la suite:

AP /  🏆 728. in US

France Dernières Nouvelles, France Actualités

Similar News:Vous pouvez également lire des articles d'actualité similaires à celui-ci que nous avons collectés auprès d'autres sources d'information.

Florida condo collapse settlement reached, tops $1 billionFlorida condo collapse settlement reached, tops $1 billionAttorneys for the families who lost relatives or homes in last year’s collapse of a Florida condominium tower that killed 98 people have reached a $1.02 billion settlement.
Lire la suite »

Florida Condo Collapse Settlement Reached, Tops $1 BillionFlorida Condo Collapse Settlement Reached, Tops $1 BillionAttorneys for the families who lost relatives or homes in last year’s collapse of a Florida condominium tower that killed 98 people have reached a $1.02 billion settlement.
Lire la suite »

Exelon Corp. CEO Christopher M. Crane sells Trump Tower condo for $1.32MExelon Corp. CEO Christopher M. Crane sells Trump Tower condo for $1.32MChristopher M. Crane, the president and CEO of Chicago-based Exelon Corporation, sold his two-bedroom condominium in Trump International Hotel & Tower at a loss for $1.32 million Thursday.
Lire la suite »

Harry Styles Says ‘End Gun Violence,’ Pledges to Donate Over $1 Million to Nonprofit EverytownHarry Styles Says ‘End Gun Violence,’ Pledges to Donate Over $1 Million to Nonprofit EverytownHarry Styles has partnered with the nonprofit Everytown for Gun Safety during his upcoming North American tour and will donate over $1 million in proceeds to the organization along with Live Nation.
Lire la suite »

Harry Styles donates $1 million from ' love on tour 2022' with live nation to everytownHarry Styles donates $1 million from ' love on tour 2022' with live nation to everytownHarry Styles announced that he will partner with Live Nation to donate at least $1 million in proceeds from his latest tour to the nonprofit Everytown for Gun Safety.
Lire la suite »

Hershey-area hotel completes $1.5M renovation, rebrands with SureStay Collection by Best WesternHershey-area hotel completes $1.5M renovation, rebrands with SureStay Collection by Best WesternThe updated hotel features 122 guest rooms.
Lire la suite »



Render Time: 2025-04-05 03:44:44