Harvey Weinstein hit with third sexual assault case in Los Angeles

France Nouvelles Nouvelles

Harvey Weinstein hit with third sexual assault case in Los Angeles
France Dernières Nouvelles,France Actualités
  • 📰 Reuters
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 37 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 18%
  • Publisher: 97%

Harvey Weinstein was charged in Los Angeles on Friday with a third sexual assault case, and prosecutors there said they have started the process of seeking his extradition from New York, where the former film producer is serving prison time for rape.

FILE PHOTO - Film producer Harvey Weinstein departs Criminal Court on the first day of a sexual assault trial in the Manhattan borough of New York City, New York, U.S., January 6, 2020. REUTERS/Brendan McDermid

The latest case stems from an incident that occurred in May 2010 at a Beverly Hills hotel, the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office said in a statement accompanying the amended five-count criminal complaint that contained the new charge. The revised criminal complaint filed on Friday says Weinstein touched “an intimate part” of the victim while she was restrained against her will by the film producer and an unnamed accomplice.The third accuser was interviewed by law enforcement in October as a possible corroborating witness in other complaints, and provided detectives last month “with information confirming that the assault took place within the 10-year statute of limitation,” prosecutors said in their statement.

Nous avons résumé cette actualité afin que vous puissiez la lire rapidement. Si l'actualité vous intéresse, vous pouvez lire le texte intégral ici. Lire la suite:

Reuters /  🏆 2. in US

France Dernières Nouvelles, France Actualités

Similar News:Vous pouvez également lire des articles d'actualité similaires à celui-ci que nous avons collectés auprès d'autres sources d'information.

Additional Sex Assault Charge Filed Against Harvey Weinstein in Los AngelesAdditional Sex Assault Charge Filed Against Harvey Weinstein in Los AngelesAn additional sexual assault charge was filed against Harvey Weinstein in Friday, the Los Angeles County District Attorney'd Office announced.
Lire la suite »

Harvey Weinstein Hit With New Sexual Battery Charge in L.A.Harvey Weinstein Hit With New Sexual Battery Charge in L.A.Harvey Weinstein beat the coronavirus, but he's got more problems ahead in Los Angeles ... including a new sexual battery charge.
Lire la suite »

Harvey Weinstein Faces Additional Sexual Assault Charge in L.A. TrialHarvey Weinstein Faces Additional Sexual Assault Charge in L.A. TrialAhead of Harvey Weinstein’s Los Angeles trial on sex crime charges, prosecutors announced he will face an additional sexual assault charge
Lire la suite »

Harvey Weinstein faces additional sexual battery charge in California caseHarvey Weinstein faces additional sexual battery charge in California caseHarvey Weinstein, who was convicted in New York of rape and sentenced to 23 years in prison, faces an additional sexual assault charge in his California case, prosecutors say.
Lire la suite »

Harvey Weinstein Charged With New Sexual Assault AllegationHarvey Weinstein Charged With New Sexual Assault AllegationHarvey Weinstein was charged with another sexual assault count for allegedly attacking a woman at a Beverly Hills hotel in May 2010, Los Angeles prosecutors said Friday
Lire la suite »



Render Time: 2025-04-04 02:59:22