Federal experts are assisting the investigation into the Philadelphia rowhouse fire that killed 12 people, including 8 children, last week. The duplex, owned by the Philadelphia Housing Authority, had no fire escape.
What they're saying:
Jeremiah said 20 individuals were authorized to live in the duplex — 14 in a four-bedroom unit on the second and third floors and six in a first-floor unit. "This was in fact an intact family who chose to live together," he said, adding, "Our policies and procedures does not evict people because they have children."
France Dernières Nouvelles, France Actualités
Similar News:Vous pouvez également lire des articles d'actualité similaires à celui-ci que nous avons collectés auprès d'autres sources d'information.
Philadelphia fire: Local businesses, places of worship step up to help family in FairmountDays after the devastating fire that tore through a farimount row home and killed 12, eight of which were children, local businesses and places of worship have been doing their most to help.
Lire la suite »
'A Recipe For Disaster': Philadelphia Housing Authority Scrutinized After 12 Killed In Fairmount FireTough questions are being asked about the PHA after a Fairmount fire killed 12, including 8 kids. 'It is crystal clear that this family did not have the adequate means to get out of this house quickly,' a personal injury lawyer said. MattPetrillo reports
Lire la suite »
'It Felt Like A Nightmare': Fairmount Community Rallying Together To Help Survivors Of Fire That Killed 12A great athlete and an ambitious, helpful young man. That's how two of the young victims are being remembered as the community works to help survivors. 'The school environment is not going to be the same without those children there.' jpayoute reports
Lire la suite »
Fatal fire claims life of East Orange manOne man died overnight in a house fire in East Orange.
Lire la suite »
Alec Baldwin says it’s ‘a lie’ that he’s not helping shooting probeAt issue is a search warrant for Baldwin’s cellphone, which authorities hope can provide information helpful in the probe. Baldwin was holding a revolver during a rehearsal for his movie “Rust” on Oct. 21 when it fired, killing cinematographer Halyna Hutchins and wounding the film’s director.Authorities still don’t have the actor’s phone.
Lire la suite »
Alec Baldwin: It's ‘a Lie' That He's Not Helping ‘Rust' Set Shooting ProbeAlec Baldwin said Saturday that any suggestion he’s not complying with the investigation into last fall’s deadly shooting on a New Mexico film set is a lie.
Lire la suite »