Diocese apologizes for asking if child sex abuse victim is gay, enjoyed priest encounters

France Nouvelles Nouvelles

Diocese apologizes for asking if child sex abuse victim is gay, enjoyed priest encounters
France Dernières Nouvelles,France Actualités
  • 📰 PennLive
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 33 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 16%
  • Publisher: 53%

A priest from the Catholic diocese in Poland has admitted to abusing boys.

By Muri Assunção, New York Daily News

Janusz Szymik, 48, was an altar boy when the abuse began in the 1980s. Last year he sued the diocese of Bielsko-Zywiec, in southern Poland, in a civil court claiming that a priest in a local church had abused several boys, including him.Earlier this week, the Polish news portal Onet published some documents which had been submitted to the court by a lawyer for the church.

They also wanted to know whether he gained “material benefits” from the sexual encounters with the priest. “We apologize to Janusz and to all who have been scandalized” by the questions, the diocese said in a statement, according to The Associated Press.

Nous avons résumé cette actualité afin que vous puissiez la lire rapidement. Si l'actualité vous intéresse, vous pouvez lire le texte intégral ici. Lire la suite:

PennLive /  🏆 463. in US

France Dernières Nouvelles, France Actualités

Similar News:Vous pouvez également lire des articles d'actualité similaires à celui-ci que nous avons collectés auprès d'autres sources d'information.

Kanye West Under Investigation After Allegedly Punching a Fan, Report SaysKanye West Under Investigation After Allegedly Punching a Fan, Report SaysThe victim allegedly recorded the encounter and has shared footage with police.
Lire la suite »

The COVID generation: how is the pandemic affecting kids’ brains?Child-development researchers are asking whether the pandemic is shaping brains and behaviour.
Lire la suite »

An Exhaustive Guide to the Prince Andrew AllegationsAn Exhaustive Guide to the Prince Andrew AllegationsThe rape lawsuit, the sweatless alibi, the chubby fingers, and all the other threads of the royal’s Epstein association.
Lire la suite »

Prince Andrew stripped of military affiliationsPrince Andrew stripped of military affiliationsBuckingham Palace said on Thursday that Prince Andrew's military affiliations and royal patronages have been returned to Queen Elizabeth II with her 'approval and agreement.'
Lire la suite »

Prince Andrew stripped of royal patronages and military affiliations as sex abuse lawsuit moves aheadPrince Andrew stripped of royal patronages and military affiliations as sex abuse lawsuit moves aheadThe announcement comes after a U.S. district judge rejected​ his motion to dismiss a lawsuit brought by Virginia Giuffre that alleges he sexually abused her when she was 17.
Lire la suite »

Prince Andrew must face sex abuse accuser's lawsuit - U.S. judgePrince Andrew must face sex abuse accuser's lawsuit - U.S. judgePrince Andrew failed to persuade a U.S. judge to dismiss Virginia Giuffre's lawsuit accusing the Duke of York of sexually abusing her when she was underage, and being trafficked by the late financier Jeffrey Epstein.
Lire la suite »



Render Time: 2025-04-06 14:36:47